PLEASE CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW:
or simply go to this url address : http://bit.ly/2RdDnaE
- Select two empirical research journal articles related CALL (OTHER THAN THE ONE YOU RECORDED PREVIOUSLY) of the same theme such as CALL pronunciation/reading/writing/listening, perceptions on CALL, effectiveness of CALL materials/software etc. Go to yahogroups file to view SAMPLE
- Get the approval of your lecturer on your selected empirical research journal articles.
- Upon approval by your lecturer, read both articles and then write a 5-8 page critical review paper on both articles.
- At the top of your critical review, write your name and metric number. Then write the full bibliographic entry of both articles you are reviewing, for example:
- Lafford, P. A. & Lafford, B. A. (2005). CMC Technologies for Teaching Foreign Languages: What’s on the Horizon? CALICO Journal 22(3), 679-709.
- Read through both articles first and try to understand it.Be critical when reading.
- Note the subheadings and the main ideas discussed.
- Begin your review by:
- Stating the title of each article, how the article was divided, and perhaps the significance of these subheadings in the Introduction paragraph with a clear thesis.
- Summarize concisely in 1-2 paragraphs the empirical study on CALL in each of the article
- aims/objectives/research questions,
- type of research,
- research instruments,
- Then in the proceeding paragraphs, review critically by generally answering these questions:
- What do you think of the article? – is it appropriate or relevant, useful, informative, interesting, timely?
- What are your opinions or views on the article? Why? Support this with examples from the article and maybe from other similar articles (please attached reference list).
- Do you agree/disagree with the author’s/s’ ideas/article? State specific examples to show this or by creating certain theme/s that you could extract from the article. (Cite or quote certain phrases or sentences from the article to support your point using correct and appropriate format for making citations)
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of each article? Support this with examples from the article.
- Finally in the next few paragraphs, critically synthesise both articles by addressing these questions:
- What are the similarities between both articles? Support with examples in the articles.
- What are the differences between both articles? Support with examples in the articles.
- The critical review should be typed using Times New Roman Font 12, 1.5 spacing and should be in the range of 5-7 pages.
- Please submit your assignment in 2 formats (softcopy and hardcopy):
- Upload the softcopy onto yahoogroups by saving the document like this yourname_criticalreview
- Submit to your lecturer the hardcopy in class with your name and metric no at the top of the first page (Do not submit a cover page)
PLEASE SIGN UP MINDMEISTER SOFTWARE FOR YOUR LESSON THIS WEEK. CLICK THE ICON BELOW:
PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND READ THE ARTICLES BELOW:
TASK1: USE MINDMEISTER TO ORGANIZE THE GIST OF ARTICLE 1